Each year, BlumShapiro seeks outstanding college graduates to join our firm. Individuals considering BlumShapiro should:
- have a demonstrated ability and willingness to work hard – qualities that are reflected in solid academic performance;
- be well-rounded individuals who have been involved in extracurricular activities;
- have experience in the workplace, gained through summer jobs, co-ops, internships and other employment;
- possess excellent communication skills; and
- be able to work well with people inside our firm, within our clients' organizations and in the business community at large.
As a college graduate beginning your career at BlumShapiro, you will find a challenging yet supportive environment. You will be able to advance at your own pace as you demonstrate your capacity to accept greater responsibility.
You will also be assigned a peer mentor – someone near your level who has already experienced the culture of our firm and the world of public accounting. Your peer mentor will help you adjust to your new work environment and offer guidance as needed.
From the beginning, you can expect to develop technical skills while working on audits, reviews, compilations and tax assignments. This hands-on experience, together with ongoing staff training, will provide you with an important foundation.
At BlumShapiro, you will be able to work on a variety of assignments that will help enhance your career potential. From audits to tax work, from estate planning to business valuation, you will participate in the full range of work that makes public accounting so unique.
Specializing for Impact
As a new professional at BlumShapiro, you will be exposed to a range of industry and service areas. After a year or two, you'll be able to specialize in one or two areas. This will allow you to leverage your business knowledge and serve your clients as a trusted consultant and advisor.
Working with Partners
Your career with us begins by working alongside individuals from all levels of the firm. This collaborative environment will give you exposure to partners and their expertise, accelerating your speed along the learning curve.
As your career progresses, you may choose to specialize in a particular industry or service. This will allow you to develop the expertise to become an integral part of your clients' decision-making processes.
At BlumShapiro, we understand the challenges you face on the path to becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). We know:
- you want to succeed at the start of your career
- every employee has different needs
- you value flexible study time, mentor programs and financial aid
For all these reasons and more, we offer four different certification tracks. It is up to you to determine which track works best for you…or build your own!
Please consult with the human resources team to learn more about the different tracks.
Learn more about working at BlumShapiro, download our brochure!