Who We Are
Erum Randhawa, CPA/CFF, CFE
Direct Dial: (860) 570-6498
Fax: (860) 726-7598
Areas of Expertise
Bankruptcy Services, Forensic Accounting, Litigation Services, Embezzlements, Marital and Business Dissolutions
General Experience Highlights
As a partner in BlumShapiro’s Litigation Support Services and Business Valuation Group, Erum currently leads the firm’s Forensic Accounting and Bankruptcy practices. Her areas of expertise include marital and business dissolutions, shareholder and business disputes, embezzlements and bankruptcy. With extensive training in forensic accounting, litigation support and bankruptcy, Erum is able to assist counsel in complex fraud investigations, tracing and identifying fraudulent transactions and providing expert testimony.
Erum began her career as an auditor at a Big Four firm in 2006. She later worked as a tax specialist at a major Hartford insurance company and as a forensic accountant in New York City before joining BlumShapiro in 2011. She became a Certified Public Accountant in 2008 and a Certified Fraud Examiner in 2011, and she received her Certified in Financial Forensics credential in 2015.
In 2016, Erum was recognized by the AICPA Forensic and Valuation Service Division with a Standing Ovation Award in Forensic and Valuation Services. Most recently, she received her certificate in mediation from the Quinnipiac University School of Law.
Erum is also a member of our Women Who Lead Social Network, which includes a wide range of senior-level Blum personnel actively helping to clear advancement barriers for women through guidance, coaching and advocacy—as well as offering honest feedback and advice to all Blum employees about how to support the women they work with.
- University of Connecticut ─ Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- University of Connecticut ─ Master of Science in Accountancy
Professional Organizations and Activities
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Council for Non-Adversarial Divorce (CCND)
- Connecticut Bar Association (CBA)
- Former Bankruptcy Diversity Committee
- Children’s Law Center of Connecticut
- Gala Committee
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Estate and Business Planning Council of Greater Hartford (EBPC)
- Interval House
- Board of Directors
- Board Development Committee
- Former Finance Committee
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Former Member