Who We Are
George W. Thomas, CPA, CHFP
Direct Dial: (860) 561-6853
Fax: (860) 726-7753
Areas of Expertise
Automobile Dealerships, Healthcare, Long-Term Care, Non-Profit Organizations, Hospitals, Real Estate, Accounting & Auditing
General Experience Highlights
As a principal in our Healthcare Services Group, George has over 25 years of experience in both the acute and long-term healthcare industries. His areas of expertise include auditing, compliance, cost reporting and reimbursement, forecasts and feasibility studies and other revenue and operational consulting.
George has also served in several significant interim positions, including terms as interim chief financial officer for two large multi-faceted long-term care providers, interim chief corporate compliance officer for a major acute care hospital and as interim controller for a managed care provider.
George is also a member of BlumShapiro’s Process and Controls Consulting Group where he provides services such as internal audit support, corporate compliance and business risk assessments.
George worked for Arthur Andersen, LLP prior to joining BlumShapiro.
- University of New Haven ─ Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Professional Organizations and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Certified Healthcare Financial Professional (CHFP)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
Association for Long-Term Care Financial Managers (ALTCFM)
- Board of Directors
- Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA)
- Massachusetts Senior Care Association (MSCA)