Who We Are
Janet M. Nahorney, CPA
Direct Dial: 860-561-6831
Areas of Expertise
Employee Benefit Assurance Services, Accounting & Auditing
General Experience Highlights
As a partner and industry leader of our Employee Benefit Assurance Services Group, Janet specializes in the planning, designing and auditing of qualified retirement plans and employee welfare plans for privately held businesses.
BlumShapiro’s Employee Benefit Assurance Services Group serves over 300 plans and has vast experience with the intricacies of benefit plans and translating that knowledge into an effective audit. The group includes over 100 professionals trained in auditing benefit plans, and experienced in financial reporting, compliance, operations and fiduciary responsibilities.
Janet works with a variety of plan administrators, actuaries, attorneys and investment consultants to incorporate industry knowledge and experience into meeting clients’ needs.
She is also a member of WEB, Inc., a network of professionals specializing in qualified retirement plans, welfare benefit plans and other employee benefits.
In addition, Janet is a member of our Women Who Lead Social Network, which includes a wide range of senior-level Blum personnel actively helping to clear advancement barriers for women through guidance, coaching and advocacy—as well as offering honest feedback and advice to all Blum employees about how to support the women they work with.
- Central Connecticut State University ─ Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Professional Organizations and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Employee Benefit Plan Committee
- Worldwide Employee Benefits Network, Inc. (WEB, Inc.)
- Central Connecticut State University (CCSU)
- Alumni Board of Directors
- Newington Student Assistance Fund
- Chair, Audit Committee