Who We Are
Janet M. Prisloe, CPA
Direct Dial: (860) 561-6885
Fax: (860) 726-7785
Areas of Expertise
Distribution, Manufacturing, Retail, Real Estate, Accounting & Auditing, Employee Benefit Assurance Services
General Experience Highlights
As a partner, Janet has more than 30 years of accounting and auditing experience. She is the leader of our Manufacturing/ Distribution Industry Group and specializes in providing accounting, auditing and consulting services to middle-market privately held companies, including manufacturing, distribution, retail and real estate.
Janet has worked with numerous international companies and has significant experience with consolidation and reporting matters, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and due diligence.
Janet serves on the firm’s Accounting and Auditing Partners Committee, which ensures that quality practices are met.
Janet is also part of the firm’s Employee Benefit Assurance Services Group and has extensive experience in auditing benefit plans, including defined contribution, defined benefit and health and welfare plans.
Janet served as staff accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers and was named Managing Director, Assurance in 2001. Janet joined BlumShapiro in 2007 and, in 2011, was named leader of the firm’s Manufacturing/Distribution Industry Group.
- University of Connecticut ─ Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Professional Organizations and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Leadership Greater Hartford Class of 2000
- The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts
- Board of Overseers
- Former Member, Business Committee
- Former Member, Ovation Center
- Connecticut Women’s Council