Who We Are
Jay M. Sattler, CPA, MST
Direct Dial: (860) 561-6837
Fax: (860) 726-7737
Areas of Expertise
Medical/Dental Practices, Construction, Healthcare, Real Estate, Individuals, Financial Services, Real Estate Cost Segregation, Tax
General Experience Highlights
As Managing Partner – Tax Services, Jay leads the strategic and operational activities and is responsible for the overall stewardship, direction and quality control of the tax practice. Jay focuses on the development and execution of the tax practice’s strategy, culture, and policies and procedures, as well as professional development, technical expertise, client experience, and operational excellence.
Jay began his career with BlumShapiro in 1993 serving in several leadership roles including industry tax leader for the Professional Services Group, Construction Group and Cost Segregation Group. His technical expertise involves working with clients on tax analysis,
planning and compliance involving LLCs, Partnerships, S corporations, C corporations, mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation planning, and innovative planning and structuring matters. He has also served terms on BlumShapiro’s Executive Committee as well as the Management Committee, and has served as Partner-In-Charge of the firm’s Finance Department.
Prior to joining BlumShapiro, Jay began his tax career in Florida advising privately-owned, middle-market businesses, family offices and high net worth individuals on complex tax matters.
Jay is a frequent writer and speaker on issues impacting the tax profession and is an active member of Tax 20, a national committee comprised of fellow Managing Partners – Tax Services.
- Flagler College ─ Bachelor of Arts
- University of Hartford ─ Master of Science in Taxation
Professional Organizations and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Past Member, Board of Directors
- Past Chair, Federal Taxation Steering Committee
- Past Chair, Federal Taxation Committee
- Real Estate/Construction Taxation Committee
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)
- Glastonbury Chamber of Commerce
- Past President, Board of Directors
- Town of Glastonbury Economic Development Commission
- Past Vice Chair
- Baker Tilly International Real Estate Cost Segregation Group
- Inside Family Business Newsletter
- Past Member, National Editorial Board
- Real Estate Finance Association
- Estate and Business Planning Council of Greater Hartford
- Board of Directors