Direct Dial: (860) 561-6815
Fax: (860) 726-7715
Areas of Expertise
Municipalities, Hospitality, Government, Law Firms, Consulting, Technology Consulting, IT Controls & Risk Assessment, Software Services
Professional Experience Highlights
As a partner in BlumShapiro’s consulting group, Jeff is responsible for the firm’s Risk Management and Process/Controls practices areas. He has significant experience working with organizations to assess their internal IT controls as they relate to business operations and helps to develop recommendations to mitigate risk.
Jeff oversees the firm’s cybersecurity risk assessments and provides insight and guidance on developing better security practices. In addition, he works on Process and Control related projects to enhance operational efficiencies and provide tangible control recommendations.
Jeff also oversees various IT related audits based on the AICPA’s SSAE-18 (SOC-1) and AT-101 (SOC-2) compliance standards as well as working with the NIST based standards.
Over the past several years, Jeff has also been actively involved in providing cybersecurity and risk assessments presentations to municipalities, not-for-profits and various companies to enhance thought leadership in these areas. Jeff also works with Connecticut’s Office of the Attorney General to provide guidance/support on cybersecurity matters.
Jeff has written a number of recent articles on cybersecurity and IT Controls including:
- Businesses Shouldn’t Live In Fear of Data Breaches – They Should Take Steps to Prevent Them
- How Can You Sleep At Night?
- Ransomware - The New Pandemic
- Municipalities, Schools and Non-Profits Need To Protect Against Cyber Attacks
- Webinar: Cybersecurity Best Practices for Protecting Your Business
- University of Vermont ─ Bachelor of Arts
- Boston College ─ Master of Business Administration
Professional Organizations and Activities
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Government Finance Officers Association of Connecticut (GFOA)