Who We Are
Melanie L. Ballestas, CPA
Direct Dial: 860-561-6830
Areas of Expertise
Long-Term Care, Non-Profit Organizations, Educational Institutions, Healthcare, IT Controls & Risk Assessment, Accounting & Auditing
General Experience Highlights
As a manager in our Non-Profit Services Group, Melanie has 13 years of experience in providing services to a diverse group of non-profit organizations including human service agencies, membership, healthcare, community and private foundations and educational institutions.
Melanie is also a member of BlumShapiro’s Process and Controls Consulting Group where she provides services such as Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and assessments of overall business risks for companies.
- Bryant University ─ Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- University of Connecticut ─ Master of Science in Accounting
Professional Organizations and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- The Bridge Family Center, Inc.
- Treasurer, Board of Directors
- Finance Committee
- Past Chair, Audit Committee