Who We Are
Richard P. Finkel, CPA/CFF, CFE, CIRA
Direct Dial: (860) 561-6891
Fax: (860) 726-7791
Areas of Expertise
Law Firms, Forensic Accounting, Litigation Services, Embezzlements, Bankruptcy Services, Marital and Business Dissolutions
General Experience Highlights
Richard P. Finkel is a partner in the Litigation Services and Business Valuation Group of Blum Shapiro & Company, P.C. Blum Shapiro is the largest regional accounting, tax and business consulting firm based in New England, with offices in West Hartford and Shelton, Connecticut, Quincy, Massachusetts and Providence, Rhode Island.
Mr. Finkel has extensive training and experience in Forensic Accounting, Bankruptcy and Litigation Support Services. He has been engaged as a consultant and/or testifying expert in complex financial litigation matters and fraud investigations. He has assisted counsel in identifying fraudulent transactions and locating misappropriated assets. Mr. Finkel is a frequent speaker on forensic accounting and bankruptcy issues and has authored several articles on fraud, bankruptcy and other litigation support subjects. He also teaches forensic accounting as a member of the adjunct faculty at Central Connecticut State University.
Professional Education and Firm History
Mr. Finkel received his Bachelor of Science in 1973 and a Master of Business Administration in 1976 from the University of Connecticut. He was licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in 1979 and joined BlumShapiro in 1993. Mr. Finkel was designated a Certified Fraud Examiner in 1994, a Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor in 1995 and was Certified in Financial Forensics by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants in 2008.
Professional Organizations and Activities
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors (AIRA)
- Co-Chairman Liaison with the U.S. Trustee Committee
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- The National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees (NABT)
- Commercial Law League of America (CLLA)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Connecticut Chapter, TMA
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA)
- Past Chair, CSCPA Liaison with the Bar Committee