Who We Are
Rick C. Parmelee, CPA
Direct Dial: (860) 570-6492
Fax: (860) 726-7692
Areas of Expertise
Automobile Dealerships, Accounting & Auditing, Business Valuation, Employee Benefit Assurance Services, Transaction Advisory Services
General Experience Highlights
As a partner in BlumShapiro’s Accounting and Audit Department, Rick supervises the services provided to a variety of privately held businesses, specializing in automobile dealerships. Rick also oversees many of the firm’s employee benefit plan audit engagements, including the audits of defined contribution, defined benefit and health and welfare plaPns.
As a member of the Dealership Services Group, Rick provides a wide range of services beyond year-end financial statement preparation and tax compliance. He works closely with clients reviewing monthly financial statements, assisting them with benchmarking and operational performance, compliance with banking and factory financial requirements and business sales and acquisitions.
Rick has been a presenter at several dealership industry groups on topics relevant to the industry.
- American University ─ Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Professional Organizations and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- AutoTeam America
- Past Chair, Accounting and Audit Committee
- Connecticut Automotive Retailers Association (CARA)
- Associate Member
- Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors
- Chair, Audit Committee
- Past Co-Chair Legislative Committee