Who We Are
Vanessa E. Rossitto, CPA
Direct Dial: 860-561-6824
Areas of Expertise
Municipalities, Government, Accounting & Auditing
General Experience Highlights
As a partner and director of BlumShapiro's Government Services Group, Vanessa performs on a wide variety of significant audit engagements, including financial and compliance audits of government and quasi-government engagements. She has over 25 years of experience in government accounting and auditing. Vanessa is knowledgeable of the reporting requirements of both uniform guidence and the State Single Audit Act. She has played an instrumental role in obtaining and maintaining the Government Finance Officers Association's Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for her clients.
Vanessa serves on the Special Review Committee for the GFOA Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting. She has also testified before the State Legislative Program Review and Investigations Committee on behalf of the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants on Raised Bill No. 1034, “An Act Concerning Regional School District Governance.” Vanessa was elected partner-in-charge of the firm's Government Services Group in 2015.
Vanessa is the partner sponsor of BlumShapiro’s Diversity & Inclusion committee, which is dedicated to recognizing and celebrating differences among our employees—as well as recruiting a talented and varied cross-cultural workforce that adds to our dynamic understanding of collaboration and unification.
She is also a member of our Women Who Lead Social Network, which includes a wide range of senior-level Blum personnel actively helping to clear advancement barriers for women through guidance, coaching and advocacy—as well as offering honest feedback and advice to all Blum employees about how to support the women they work with.
- Central Connecticut State University ─ Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Professional Organizations and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Past Treasurer, Board of Directors
- Past Chair, Governmental Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Government Finance Officers Association of Connecticut (CTGFOA)
- Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada
- Special Review Committee, GFOA Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Special Review Executive Committee
- Tri-State Diversity Council Member
- Leadership Greater Hartford
- Board of Directors
- Finance Committee
- Class of 2000
- Hartford Area Habitat for Humanity
- Past Vice President, Board of Directors
- Past Chair, Governance Committee
- Past Chair, Audit Committee
- Connecticut Council of Small Towns
- The Connecticut Society of CPAs
- Executive Director Search Committee Chairperson