Who We Are
Virendra N. Shah, CPA
Direct Dial: (860) 570-6415
Fax: (860) 726-7615
Areas of Expertise
Construction, Educational Institutions, Manufacturing, Independent Schools, Municipalities, Accounting & Auditing
General Experience Highlights
As a principal in BlumShapiro’s Accounting and Auditing Group, Virendra is responsible for audit planning, fieldwork and supervision of staff on independent school engagements. During the engagement, he also consults with the financial management staff on ways to structure their financial statements and disclosures and has regular interaction with the schools' audit and finance committees.
Virendra also leads our effort to prepare meaningful management comments that come to our attention during the review or audit. These comments may include items such as internal controls, accounting policies and cash and inventory management.
Virendra also has expertise in the construction industry. That experience involves working with contractors on their annual financial statements, working with owners in the defense of construction claims and working with municipalities and higher educational institutions on their school construction programs.
Virendra was promoted to principal in 2014.
- University of Mumbai, India ─ Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Accounting
- University of Hartford ─ a Master of Business Administration
Professional Organizations and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)